Instructions for Using Online Training System:
Here's a quick step-by-step for completing the training:
If you have any questions, or need assistance, please contact Computing Resources Help Desk at (210) 567-2069 or email@example.com.
- To access the course, click on https://kc.uthscsa.edu/kc.
Go to the bottom of the page and click on System Requirements. Follow the instructions to determine if your PC has the required hardware and software to complete the module.
Upon completion, you will return to the "Welcome" screen where you will need to enter your domain or email account user name and password.
- If you have any questions about your user name, go to the bottom of the screen and click on, How to Log In? Follow the directions. Then, return to the "Welcome" screen.
- After entering your user name and password, the next screen asks you to confirm or update your personal information, and to enter your UTHSCSA supervisor's email. You will not be able to proceed unless you complete this box with an active UTHSCSA email address. If you're unsure whose email to use, click on the information box provided and follow the directions. Then, return to the "Welcome"
screen. After entering your supervisor's email, there is a box where you can enter biographical information. It is not mandatory and can be left blank.
Next, click "Update".
- Your personal training page and a pop-up with instructions for installing Flash Player Macromedia will appear. Follow the directions then close this pop-up box.
Under the "Mandatory" tab on your "Personal KC", click on the course you want to take, and follow the directions.
Turn on your PC's volume to listen to the instructions for navigating the course.
- The module, test questions, and evaluation must be completed to receive credit for the course.
Upon completion, a "Congratulations!" screen appears. Follow the directions which will return you to your "Personal KC" page.
Click on the word "Transcript". A completion date, score, and "pass" status should appear in the columns following the CDT module. If you wish to print a certificate, click on the word "Print" in the Certificate column and follow the instructions.
You can come back at any time to print, or re-print, your certificate.
- Exit by navigating to the left-hand side of the screen and choosing "Logout".
Browser specifications and system requirements:
- Windows XP/Internet Explorer 6.x or later
Mac OS X (10.3.8) / Safari 1.2.4
- Mac OS X (10.2.8) / Netscape 7.1 or later
Please be aware that you may encounter problems if you access the Knowledge Centre with other operating system/browser combination.
Additionally, some online courses will not work properly if you have not installed the Macromedia Flash Player 7 plug-in prior to beginning the online course.
We recommend that users of older browsers upgrade to newer versions, which are available for download from the respective vendors at no charge.
The site is not designed for use by "mini-browsers" incorporated into cell phones and other hand-held devices.
- MAC OS X:
For a good viewing experience, your computer's screen resolution should be set to 800X600 pixels or greater, with a minimum color depth of 16 bits.