Online Training Instructions
- To access the course, click on https://kc.uthscsa.edu/kc. (If you have already completed an online course, skip to #8)
- Go to the bottom of the page and click on System Requirements. Follow the instructions to determine if your PC has the required hardware and software to complete the module.
- Upon completion, you will return to the "Welcome" screen where you will need to enter your domain or email account user name and password.
- If you have any questions about your user name, go to the bottom of the screen and click on, How to Log In? Follow the directions. Then, return to the "Welcome" screen.
- After entering your user name and password, the next screen asks you to confirm or update your personal information, and to enter your UTHSCSA supervisor's email. You will not be able to proceed unless you complete this box with an active UTHSCSA email address. If you're unsure whose email to use, click on the information box provided and follow the directions. Then, return to the "Welcome" screen.
- After entering your supervisor's email, there is a box where you can enter biographical information. It is not mandatory and can be left blank.
- Next, click "Update". Your personal training page and a pop-up with instructions for installing Flash Player Macromedia will appear. Follow the directions then close this pop-up box.
- Click on “COURSE CATALOG” and on the drop down click on Training - Bloodborne Pathogens safety training. Then click the “Take course” button. Turn on the PC’s volume to listen to the instructions for navigating the course. The training program should start.
- At the end of the training program, take the quiz. If you have a wrong answer, the program automatically takes you back to review that section and then will ask you the same question. The system requires a 100% completion.
- Then take the survey. You must answer all the survey questions.
- Then click “FINISH”. The KC system now recognizes that you have completed the training. You may print your transcript. (Make sure the page setup is set to “Landscape”.)
- You may also go to your Personal KC, click on transcript, look for “Safety- Bloodborne Pathogen Training” and click on transcript (at the far right) and print out your certificate.