How To Apply
...Thank You for Your Interest in our Program!
The application deadline through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) for PGY1 2017-2018 is December 2016.
Interview season extends from November through January. Interviews are offered after we review your application and supporting materials through ERAS. No paper applications will be accepted. There are a limited number of interview slots, so please submit your application materials as early as possible.
Here is how to complete your application:
- Online ERAS application
- Dean's letter from your medical school
- Three letters of recommendation from physicians with whom you worked with during your training
- Headshot photograph
- Personal statement detailing your interest in Family Medicine
- USMLE/COMLEX reports (COMLEX requires a fee paid by student)
- Passing USMLE steps 1 and 2 (CK and CS). Completion of step 3 is favorable, but not required. All individual steps must be passed in 3 attempts or less
- Medical school transcript
We do not have a medical school graduation year cut-off, but we prefer individuals who have graduated from medical school within the past 5 years. For any applicant who graduated from medical school more than one year ago, we will want to know that you have been active in significant medical experiences in the intervening years, and have kept your medical knowledge current. Please highlight these activities in your application.
Additional guidelines for International Medical Graduates (IMGs):
- IMG requirements are the same as US graduates
- Eligible for licensure in Texas
- ECFMG certified (if applicant still in medical school, must be ECFMG by June 30th)
- Must be eligible for employment in the United States on July 1st of the year of the Match
- Requires that IMG’s be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident, or a holder of a J-1 visa, sponsored by ECFMG in order to engage in graduate medical education
For more information, contact the Office of International Services at 210-567-6241 or email@example.com
Please direct all correspondence and inquires to:
Family Medicine Residency Program
University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Drive, MB 7795
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900